Questions When Choosing a Health Insurance Plan
When choosing a health insurance plan, you need to know the questions to ask to be able to compare and make the best choice for you and your family. Download an online insurance plan comparison form.
- How much are the premiums and does it meet your budget?
- Can I choose my local doctor and hospital?
- Does the plan allow me to receive my medical care at Fallbrook Hospital?
- Who will care for you (doctors and other healthcare providers), and how much choice will you have?
- Where will you receive your care (which hospital, will you have to drive a distance?)
- When you receive your care, will you receive it when you need it? Do you need a referral from a primary care physician in order to see a specialist or get a second opinion?
- Is there a deductible? If so, how much?
- Is there coinsurance? If so, how much?
- Will you have copayments? If so, how much?
- What prescription benefits does the plan include?
- Does the plan cover preventative care?
- Are hospitalization and major medical expenses covered?
- What is the plan's annual individual (or family) out-of-pocket expense limit? What costs are included in the out-of-pocket expense limit?
- Is there a waiting period before you are covered?
- Are you planning any major medical expenses in the next year (i.e., elective surgery)?
Find out the difference between HMO and PPO health insurance plans.
See a current list of insurance plans accepted and physicians/medical groups.
Need assistance with understanding your health insurance options? Attend one of the following insurance workshops:
Thursday, October 11, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Thursday, October 18, 11 a.m. -2 p.m.
Thursday, October 25, 11 a.m. -2 p.m.
Thursday, November 1, 11 a.m. -2 p.m.
Thursday, November 8, 11 a.m. -2 p.m.
Thursday, November 15, 11 a.m. -2 p.m.
The workshops will be held in Conference Room D at Fallbrook Hospital. Space is limited. Call 760-731-8433 to RSVP.